RNA actively recruits new team members to meet our growing needs for strategic and analytical professionals. To apply for a position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RNA actively recruits new team members to meet our growing needs for strategic and analytical professionals. To apply for a position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The RNA team works remotely and collaborates virtually with our international client base. The candidate can perform this position from anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Director – Valuation Advisory Practice
If you are intelligent, analytical, motivated, like to work independently, and have experience working with companies and investors in the health care and life sciences industries, consider joining RNA as a Director in our valuation advisory practice group.
You will quickly take on significant responsibilities as you play a crucial role by leveraging your industry expertise and relationships; gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing research to address key strategic and financial questions on valuation, often within transactional contexts; and managing team members, client expectations, and project workstreams. Your ability to “make rain”, juggle responsibilities, uncover novel information, conduct rigorous analysis, solve problems creatively, manage expectations, and communicate your high-quality work will be critical to providing lasting impact for both our firm and our clients.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize research and data to address core issues for our life science and health care clients, and support them in constructing robust and credible views on valuation
- Conduct primary and secondary research on markets, customers, and competitors
- Uncover novel information, conduct rigorous analysis, solve problems creatively, and communicate insights
- Develop client relationships in order to sell new engagements both individually and collaboratively
- Collaborate with team members to communicate findings in written documents, slide presentations, and verbal interactions that deliver maximum impact
- Manage project plans and workstreams of junior team members to ensure timely progress and delivery of client reports
Qualifications and Candidate Background
- 7+ years of work experience at an investment bank, valuation firm, consulting firm or other business setting that required analyzing, synthesizing, and communicating financial, scientific, and commercial information specifically in the health care and life sciences sectors, with a focus on business development (not merely producing client deliverables)
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Strong research skills; able to find, interpret, and use the key sources of data for a given problem
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to sell and close new projects in individual and team contexts
- Comfortable with working in areas of ambiguity; able to bring structure to ambiguous problems
- Able to distill complex problems into key parts, and communicate those parts through clear and visually effective presentations
- Enjoys working both independently and collaboratively, as needed
- Enjoys working with the internal (RNA) team, as well as interfacing with clients, potential clients, and other ecosystem stakeholders
- Ability to use business applications and tools to execute analyses (e.g., Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, or any other relevant technologies)
- Strong desire to build a growing business and brand recognition as a future acquisition target (equity is included)
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without sponsorship. Benefits include 401(k), medical/vision/dental/disability insurance.